Hyundai Performance: Santa Fe Sport vs Tucson
We’ll start with performance, because this is one of the main reasons people pick the Santa Fe Sport
• 2.4L Inline 4-Cylinder Engine: 185 horsepower @ 6,000 RPM & 178 lb-ft of torque @ 4,000 RPM
• Fuel Economy Ratings: up to 22 city miles per gallon and up to 29 highway miles per gallon1
On the other hand, performance is also one of the main reasons people pick the Hyundai Tucson SUV
• 2.0L Inline 4-Cylinder Engine: 164 horsepower @ 6,200 RPM & 151 lb-ft of torque @ 4,000 RPM
• Fuel Economy Ratings: up to 23 city miles per gallon and up to 30 highway miles per gallon1
So, as you can see, both vehicles are great options—it all depends on you. The Hyundai Santa Fe Sport is a bit more powerful, while the Hyundai Tucson is a bit more efficient. It’s a fair tradeoff.
Plus, both of Hyundai’s compact SUVs offer smooth-shifting transmissions and versatile AWD systems.
• Santa Fe Sport: 8-Speed Automatic Transmission with SHIFTRONIC®, HTRAC All Wheel Drive
• Tucson: 6-Speed Automatic Transmission with SHIFTRONIC® and All Wheel Drive System